Collie River Valley Medical Centre is dedicated to the GP Training Program and our commitment was recently recognised when we were awarded the 2014 WAGPET Training Practice of the Year. Currently there are 3 Registrars at the practice and we have been privileged to be a part of more than 23 other Registrars’ training placements. Both Partners of CRVMC (Dr Peter Wutchak and Dr Jan Van Vollenstee) are accredited as WAGPET General Practice Trainers and Dr Wutchak has been the South West Regional Training Advisor for WAGPET since 2008. Through our whole practice approach, Registrars are well supported. We are continually improving our Registrar programme. We aim to provide quality teaching through formal and informal tutorials as well as catering for individual requests (such as pet friendly accommodation and flexibility in hours). We do listen to feedback as it is central to the way we evolve.
Why Choose CRVMC?
- General practice in a modern, well equipped surgery
- Occupational health in an industrial town
- Experience real rural emergency medicine with support
- Well organised preventative health clinics including skin cancer screening
- Procedural GPs who are involved in emergency medicine, minor surgery, anaesthetics, obstetrics and sporting medicine and can provide informative tutorials that are practical and relevant to GP.
- A designated education/meeting room for tutorials that includes access to educational resources such as the health channel.
- Great support staff of practice nurses and receptionists.
- Daily morning teas provided!
- Fully furnished accommodation
- 2014 WAGPET Training Practice of the Year
“I was very happy during my time in Collie. I enjoyed working at the practice alongside some fantastic staff and colleagues, loved their progressive and efficient approach to all manner of problems, and was happily surprised at the pay…” Dr Danielle Choy (2008) Read more
If you are interested in completing a term with us, please do not hesitate in calling our Practice Manager (Angela Sutherland) on 9734 4111 or emailing us on email@example.com