- Autonomous medicine with extensive back up from the two experienced Partners trained in obstetrics, anaesthetics and surgery.
- Admitting rights to the local Collie District Hospital with Bunbury Hospital (largest in the South West) being only 40 minutes ambulance drive from Collie or there is the option of Flying Doctor to Perth.
- Our surgery is a modern well equipped surgery with seven consulting rooms (i.e. your own room!) supported by a triaging nurse’s station with a procedure room.
- Expanded in 2012 to 28 Harvey Street to provide more comprehensive services in occupational health and allied health (pathology, exercise rehabilitation, counselling and audiology). There are also regular clinics in preventative health.
- Friendly and flexible practice that will consider any proposal of working hours.
- One in six on-call allows great bonus pay without being too arduous.
- Potentially better remuneration than 60km away in Bunbury because of the abundance of patients, after hours on-call, the procedural work and the coverage of the local hospital.
- Close to the coast (30 minutes) and about 2 hours to Perth and Busselton/Margaret River area.
- Anaesthetic lists at the local Collie District Hospital for 2 GP surgeons, local dentists and several visiting specialists from Bunbury.
- Collie has about 120 obstetric deliveries a year which is shared amongst 2 experienced doctors.
- Worsley Refinery (bauxite mining), Bluewaters Power Station (state’s electricity) and the coal mining industry ensures the diversity of medicine towards occupational health.
- Collie is situated amongst beautiful national forest. Attractions of the area are the Bibbulmun Track, Munda Biddi Trail, wineries (Ferguson Valley and local), green golf course, Collie River (kayaking), Wellington Dam (camping). For more local information visit http://www.collierivervalley.org.au
- The medical centre constantly has food on the table in the staff room for all members of staff to enjoy! Morning tea provided daily!
We know that we have a lot to offer. Come and see it for yourself! For suitable applicants, FREE overnight stay at a hotel of choice (can include Bunbury hotels), tour around Collie and a BOTTLE OF MOET AND CHANDON CHAMPAGNE!! All we ask is two hours of your time so that you can meet the doctors at the surgery and see it for yourself. Extended hospitality and tours can be also included if you choose!!
Please call Collie River Valley Medical Centre’s Practice Manager, Angela Sutherland on 9734 4111 to discuss your future.